Constant Tension winch systems
Constant tension winch systems are used for difficult operations in harsh marine environments. The system creates a constant line-pull between the load and the lifting device. Prior to starting the operation, the line-pull is set, it is measured by a load sensor and is monitored by the central control system.
If the actual value differs from the pre-set value, the winch will pay in or pay out wire rope to maintain the pre-set value.
Constant tension winch systems are suitable for pre-tensioning the wire rope used in buoy-laying operations, but also during positioning and connecting floating pipelines in dredging projects. Moreover, it is perfect for raising and lowering a tender or deck equipment from a vessel into a difficult sea or onto the seabed.
The benefits of constant tension systems include:
- Enlarged operational weather window for offshore and subsea projects;
- Improved efficiency, increased safety and extended component life;
- Constant line-pull;
- Safe landing and lifting of loads;
- Prevents loads bouncing on the deck or being picked up again;
- Can be used on tugger winches;
- Is suitable for launch and recovery installations.
The related products and services include:
- Active heave compensation (AHC);
- Passive heave compensation (PHC);
- Winch foundations;
- Custom sheave blocks;
- Hydraulic power packs;
- After sales services;
- Testing & commissioning;