SMI Offshore uses its in-house resources to develop, engineer, construct, install and commission tailor-made geotechnical equipment including seafloor intervention systems.
It also builds customised framing for ROV and drilling equipment, landing packages, excavator systems and related hydraulic components for seafloor drilling, geotechnical surveys and mineral exploration.
SMI Offshore also specialises in constructing auxiliary geotechnical equipment including:
- Umbilical winches;
- Heavy-duty A-frames;
- Launch and recovery systems;
- Robotic mechanical and hydraulic components.
The benefits of the geotechnical equipment include:
- Tailor-made according to required Class approval;
- Suitable for intensive use in harsh marine environments.
The related products and services include:
- Offshore winches;
- Offshore skids;
- Winch foundations;
- Control cabins and units;
- Launch and recovery systems (LARS);
- Offshore davits;
- Offshore deck cranes;
- After sales services;
- Testing & commissioning;