SMI Offshore’s launch and recovery Lars systems are built to client specification for operation in Zone 1 or 2 safe areas.
The client chooses the required certification qualifications, for instance, a Lloyds, ABS, or DNV witness of the system load test. Oil and gas sector clients can optionally choose for full ABS, Lloyds or DNV design approval.
System components including A-frames, winches and power packs can be supplied as stand-alone units or on a skid as a LARS package, which can be exchanged between vessels.
The benefits of SMI Offshore’s LARS systems include:
- Available with any type of Class approval;
- Tailor-made construction for each application;
- Suitable for use in harsh marine environments;
- Absolute reliability and durability.
Related products and services include:
- Diving bell handling systems;
- Active heave compensation (AHC);
- Passive heave compensation (PHC);
- Constant tension (CT);
- Custom sheave blocks;
- Hydraulic power packs;
- Control cabins & units;
- After sales services;
- Testing & commissioning.