Motion Compensation Systems
The oil, gas and offshore wind farm sectors demand dynamic access systems like motion compensation systems to compensate for the motion of structures and loads in difficult seas.
SMI Offshore’s experience and skilled engineers can provide components, mechanical structures, PLC systems and electrical/ hydraulic systems for vertical and 3D motion compensation.
All systems can be produced to client requirements including: Lloyds, ABS, DNV, GL, FEM and BV.
The offshore technology is applicable for use in motion compensation systems for handling subsea loads on a crane and to transfer cargo & crew from a vessel to a platform or ship-to-ship via a motion compensated gangway.
The benefits of the customised motion compensation technology include:
- Customised manufacturing according to required Class approval;
- Compensation of relative motion of the load to the seafloor and between a vessel and transfer deck;
- Fast deployment of systems;
- Suitable for harsh marine environments;
- Machinery developed and manufactured in-house;
- Safe solutions for the high-end.
The related products and services include:
- Active heave compensation (AHC);
- Passive heave compensation (PHC);
- Constant tension (CT);
- Offshore gangways;
- Hydraulic power packs;
- After sales services;
- Testing & commissioning.