An offshore gangway is used as a bridge between two vessels or between a fixed object and a floating installation to transfer people, cargo or equipment. SMI Offshore’s gangways can be constructed from high-grade steel or marine aluminium to comply with any type of class requirement.
These fixed or telescopic gangways are between 10 and 40 metres long and are available in different configurations, with or without heave compensation and pedestal.
The benefits of SMI Offshore’s gangways include:
- Available conforming to any Class approval;
- Tailor-made construction suitable for any application;
- Suitable for use in harsh marine environments;
- Absolute reliability and durability.
Related products and services include:
- Offshore pedestals;
- Active heave compensation (AHC);
- Motion compensation systems;
- Hydraulic power packs;
- Control cabins & units;
- After sales services;
- Testing & commissioning.