Swell compensator systems
A hydraulic swell compensator is used to regulate suction head pressure and compensate for wave movements to keep the draghead in position above an undulating seafloor. A hydraulic cylinder in the swell compensator is connected to an accumulator that generates sufficient hydraulic pressure to compensate for movement up to Sea State 4.
For movement compensation in rough seas, an active heave compensation system (AHC) can be installed. This is able to compensate for movement up to Sea State 5.
The benefits of swell compensator systems include:
- Customised construction certified as required;
- Enlarged operational weather window;
- Suitable for operation in up to Sea State 4;
- Constant draghead and suction head pressure;
- Can be added to various draghead hoisting systems.
The related products services include:
- Active heave compensation (AHC);
- Passive heave compensation (PHC);
- Constant tension (CT);
- Hydraulic power packs;
- After sales services;
- Testing & commissioning;
Please contact us for specifications and/ or price quotation.